- 3 (16-ounce) cans cut green beans, undrained
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 strips bacon, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, unpeeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium-size green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Drain green beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid; set aside.
Sauté onion and bacon in a heavy skillet until onion is tender. Combine beans, reserved liquid, tomatoes, green pepper, salt, and sautéed onion mixture in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes.