This was really, really good and easy. Almost just like mom's. Perfect for a BBQ meal.
Confetti Pasta Salad
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Christy Flowers
This colorful low-fat pasta salad recipe is perfect for picnics, family reunions, and pot-luck suppers. You can make it a day and ahead, then cover and chill until serving time.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 204
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 3/4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 2 cups uncooked small seashell macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shelled green peas
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) cubed reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Dillweed sprigs (optional)
- Combine the ranch dressing, yogurt, and dillweed in a large bowl; stir well, and set dressing mixture aside.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add peas, and cook an additional 3 minutes; drain well.
- Add the macaroni mixture, bell peppers, and cheese cubes to dressing mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill. Stir before serving. Garnish with dillweed, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note