Confetti Cheese Omelet
Change the cheese to whatever your heart desires. Almost any kind (other than very soft varieties) will work and the carbo rating will remain the same. The total fat will vary depending on the cheese, and will increase if you use a full-fat cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onions; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Pour egg substitute into pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese. Loosen omelet with a spatula; fold in half. Cook 2 minutes or until egg mixture is set and cheese begins to melt.
- 3. Cut omelet in half. Slide halves onto serving plates.
- carbo rating: 5
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch