Excellent dish. We ended up marinating these overnight (for convenience) and broiling them. They were delicious. We would definitely make them again.
Coney Island Skewered Shrimp
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Quick and simple crowd-pleasers, these shrimp feature bright Mediterranean flavors.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 2 skewers)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 276mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 4 pounds)
- Lemon halves (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp to bowl; toss to coat. Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 20 (12-inch) wooden skewers. Arrange 10 skewers on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 minutes on one side; carefully turn and broil 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Place skewers on a serving platter. Repeat procedure with remaining 10 skewers. Serve with lemon halves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note