Conch Fritters with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Substitute an equal amount chopped, peeled, and deveined shrimp for conch, if desired. Recipe published in Coastal Living magazine Dec/Jan 2010.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Large egg Lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 3/4 cup(s) All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground Cayenne pepper
- 8 ounce(s) Chopped conch meat
- 1/2 Onion Finely diced
- 1/2 Green bell pepper Finely chopped
- 2 Stalks celery Finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- Vegetable oil
- Spicy dipping sauce
- 1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Stir in conch and next 4 ingredients.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 5 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into hot oil, and fry in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Drain fritters on paper towels. Serve with Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- Makes about 2-1/2 dozen
- Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Conch Fritters with Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers