Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 pound cleaned, skinned conch meat
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Vegetable oil
- Cocktail sauce
- Grind conch meat using coarse blade of a meat grinder; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add milk, egg, and butter, mixing well. Stir in ground conch.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into deep hot oil (375°). Cook 2 minutes or until conch fritters float to the top and are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer fritters to a warm serving platter, and serve with cocktail sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers