Today's supermarkets carry a variety of wild rice blends. Pick one for a 5- to 15- minute substitute for company rice.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild rice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Method: Combine first 7 ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker; cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours. Drain excess liquid, if necessary. Fluff rice with a fork; sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
- Cooktop Method: Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice, cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and next 4 ingredients, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 5 minutes or until rice is done; drain excess liquid, if desired. Fluff rice with a fork; sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables