I have been making this roast for years! It is a favorite of my friends a family! The sauce is amazing! In my opinion this is the only way to make a pork roast! Of course it is great with a pork loin too!
Company Pork Roast
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (2 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roasts, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Bring first 13 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Prepare fire by piling charcoal or lava rocks on 1 side of grill, leaving the other side empty. Place rack on grill. Arrange roasts over empty side, and grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 2 hours and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°, basting every 30 minutes with sauce.
- Bring remaining sauce to a boil, and boil 1 minute. Slice pork roast, and serve with sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes