Company Mac and Cheese
Community Recipe from
- Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Company Mac and Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- Read reviews(11)
- Rate recipe
- This is by far the creamiest, tastiest and most special macaroni and cheese I have ever tried. I'm not usually a fan of homemade macaroni and cheese, but when a friend served this, I had to have the recipe. Since it's so little fuss and well received, it's a terrific potluck dish. —Catherine Odgen, Middlegrove, New York
- This recipe is:
- Contest Winning
- Grocery List
- Recipe Box
- Company Mac and Cheese RecipePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 15 15 30
- •1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- •6 tablespoons butter, divided
- •3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- •2 cups milk
- •1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- •2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- •2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •1/4 teaspoon pepper
- •3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- •2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- •Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- • Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to the cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- • Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 cup) equals 453 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Company Mac and Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables