This is a great recipe for someone who is not an expert at cooking Chinese dishes. It was very tasty! (and passed my daughter's critique) I used chicken for my 1st couple of tries with this recipe & gluten-free soy sauce.
Combination Fried Rice
Use a mix of whatever meat you have on hand in this combination fried rice. Spicy chili-garlic sauce adds a kick and, once opened, it keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.
More From Southern Living
Total: 26 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cooked meat, poultry, or shrimp
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Garnishes: sliced green onions
- 1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes; add eggs, and gently stir 1 minute or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet; chop.
- 2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet; add onion and bell pepper, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add chopped cooked meat and peas; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in eggs. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note