More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cook sugar in a medium skillet over medium heat 2 minutes, gently shaking skillet until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Quickly pour caramelized sugar evenly into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups.
- Whisk together condensed milk and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended. Pour milk mixture evenly into prepared custard cups. Place cups in a 13- x 9-inch pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Cover all custard cups with one large piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (Do not let water boil.)
- Remove cups from pan to wire rack, and let cool completely. Cover and chill 8 hours or until cold.
- Unmold custard cups by lightly pressing edges of custard with a spoon to break away from sides of cup; invert onto serving plates. Drizzle caramelized sugar from bottom of cups over top of each custard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note