Colorful Vegetable Salad
This dump-and-stir recipe is a make-ahead timesaver. It's great for a potluck gathering.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans French-style green beans, drained
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 (15.4-ounce) cans small green peas, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes to cool.
- Stir together green beans and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; gently stir in dressing. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note