Tomatillos are also known as Mexican green tomatoes and have a thin papery husk surrounding them. Before using, remove husks and stems and wash well.
More From Oxmoor House
Marinate: 4 Hours
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 19.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 226mg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 pounds rib-eye steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 tomatillos, halved
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add beef to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours; turn bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove beef from bag; discard marinade. Thread meat and vegetable pieces alternately onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 10 minutes or until done; turn frequently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note