Colorful Kale Salad with a Ginger Lemongrass Vinaigrette
Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) Kale leaves Chopped
- 1 Red pepper Chopped
- 1/3 Red onion Chopped
- Crumbled feta cheese goat feta preferred
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa cooked, optional
- 1/2 Sweet potato cooked, cubed, optional
- Salad Dressing
- 1 stalk(s) Lemongrass Chopped into 1in. pieces
- 6 slice(s) Ginger
- Agave syrup to taste
- 1/4-1/3 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1/8 cup(s) Olive oil
- Rinse the kale and tear it from the stem into bite size pieces. Then place the kale on a cookie sheet and lightly coat with olive oil. Place the cookie sheet into the oven at 195 degrees. This allows the kale to soften a bit. I keep it in the oven for about ten minutes of until softer and bright green. Then I take out and cool for a couple minutes before placing into the salad bowl. Add the red pepper, red onion (sometimes I marinate the onion in balsamic or apple cider vinegar for a few moments to cut down the potency of the onion if it seems particularly strong), quinoa, feta, and sweet potato (should you choose to add this).
- For the Lemongrass ginger vinaigrette:
- Boil the ginger and lemongrass in water until it reduces to 1/2 cup. Set aside and let cool. Remove the pieces of ginger and lemongrass. Add agave nectar or sugar to taste. If you use sugar then add it to the liquid before it cools so that the sugar disintegrates. Add the vinegar and oil. Add more sugar and salt to taste. Mix or shake vigorously. Adjust ingredients to taste. Coat the salad with this mixture by gently tossing the salad with the vinaigrette.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rlraville and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Colorful Kale Salad with a Ginger Lemongrass Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes