This chili makes a very hot recipe. I have been working with this recipe for years, it was originally based off a random web recipe. A lot of the really hot spices have been removed. For its original heat, add some white pepper and piquan pepper. Not for the person with no time to cook. I have added some options in the ingredients to make this a lower meat dish, but it is not intended to be vegetarian food.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) stew meat, cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) jalepeno juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 pound(s) hamburger (smartground is good)
- 1 cube(s) onions chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) bell peppers chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 pound(s) hot sausage (fakin bacon tempeh)
- 3 large jalepenos seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) celery chopped
- 6 can(s) 15 oz. Beand (mix kidney and any favorites)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ancho Chili powder or 4 tsp mild regular
- 1 cup(s) French Onion Soup use powdered or canned
- 1 can(s) 15 oz. corn or 4-6 ears
- 1 pound(s) Frozen Okra Canned is not as tasty
- 1 can(s) 6 oz. Green Chilis up to 3 cans
- 2 can(s) 15 oz. Tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar optional
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 cup(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) tabasco
- 1 lb stew meat
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Marinate stew meat with jalapeno juice, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- 2. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lb hot sausage
- 1. Brown hamburger with onion, garlic, bell pepper and cumin.
- 2. Brown sausage.
- 3. Remove stew meat from marinade and brown.
- 4. Mix all the meat together.
- 5. Add everything else.
- 6. Cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
- 7. Serve with Sour Cream, Oyster Crackers, shredded Cheddar cheese, Corn bread
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Colorado Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes