Colonial Stuffed French Toast from Colonial Pancake House
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 8 Texas toast slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Toasted walnuts
- 1. Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Whisk in sugar and next 3 ingredients. Combine cream cheese with maple syrup in another bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Dip toast slices in egg mixture 10 seconds on each side. Melt butter on a large griddle over medium heat. Cook toast slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 3. Place 4 toast slices on each of 4 serving plates. Top each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1/4 cup pie filling. Top with remaining toast slices. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note