Collins' Best Lentil Soup
Thanks to the hearty ingredients this soup offers, appetites are sure to be satisfied.
"This recipe reminds me of a very good friend of mine…he used to make a lentil & sausage soup that I adored." —Michelle
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 14-oz. pkg. turkey Kielbasa, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup redskin potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sort and wash lentils. Combine lentils, sausage and remaining ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 3 hours. Stir before serving. Makes 10 1/2 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note