great receipe made it tonight
Collards With Red Onions
Van Chaplin; Katherine Webb; Marian Cooper Cairns
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3 (16-oz.) packages fresh collard greens
- 2 medium-size red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1. Trim and discard thick stems from bottom of collard green leaves. Thoroughly wash collard greens.
- 2. Sauté onions in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add broth and next 4 ingredients.
- 3. Gradually add collards to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or just until wilted. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables