Collard Salad with Roasted Tomatoes, Bacon, and Mushrooms
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 8 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint sliced cremini (baby bella) mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 turkey-bacon slices, cut into slivers
- 10 cup de-ribbed and chopped collard greens, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place tomatoes in a medium glass baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes, until tomatoes are hot and skins are wrinkled. Cover with foil; set aside.
- Place 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and sprinkle with a pinch each salt and pepper. Sauté just until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and keep warm.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat, along with half of garlic and half of bacon; sauté 30 seconds. Add half of collard greens, and stir-fry just until greens are wilted; transfer to a large metal bowl. Repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic, and bacon, and sauté briefly before adding remaining greens. Stir-fry just until greens are wilted; add to bowl.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms to the bowl with greens. Pour vinegar into skillet (be careful of fumes); simmer 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad, and lightly toss along with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This