Really, REALLY wanted to LOVE this recipe. Waited three weeks until I had time to make it with CL's Coq Au Vin. Collard's were good; risotto just average. Pot liquor very good. Too much effort, will not make this risotto again.
Collard Green Risotto and Pot Liquor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound fresh collard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven; add bacon, and cook until crisp. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in collard greens, salt, and pepper; sauté over medium heat 5 minutes or until greens wilt. Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook mixture 45 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Pour greens mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a container, reserving greens and pot liquor. Whisk molasses and butter into pot liquor.
- Stir greens into Risotto.
- Place 1 cup Collard Green Risotto in each of 6 bowls. Ladle pot liquor mixture evenly on top. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This