Collard Green Pistou
This pesto partners well with ciabatta or sourdough. Turnip, kale, or mustard greens may be substituted for collard greens.
This recipe goes with Smoky Red Pepper Soup
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups firmly packed chopped fresh collard greens
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook collard greens in boiling salted water to cover 4 to 6 minutes or until tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well. Process garlic in a food processor until finely ground. Add greens, olive oil, and red pepper; process 2 to 3 seconds or until finely chopped. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note