Collard Green Goodness
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) collard greens
- 4 slice(s) turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) hot red pepper flakes
- 8 ounce(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- • Remove stems and center ribs from greens and discard.
- • Cut the greens into bite-sized strips.
- • Cook up your bacon; I like mine crispy. Chop it up and set it aside.
- • Chop up your onion and put it in the pan with the oil for about 2 minutes until soft.
- • Add all the rest of your ingredients except the bacon and let it cook for half an hour or until the liquid is pretty much gone.
- • Add your bacon and dish up.
- This recipe is from Mom Around Town at http://www.momaroundtown.com/2011/03/04/gimme-that-green-goodness—collard-greens-that-is/.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PaigeDunn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note