Colette's Caramel recipe
Colette and Jen's recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetend condensed milk
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Butter a 9 x 13 pan
- 2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup and salt.
- 3. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until temp. reads 248 degrees or firm ball stage on a candy thermometer. COoking the caramel to this stage will take about 20 min. Remove from heatand stir in vanilla.
- 4. Pour the caramel immediately into the buttered pan. Allow to cool completely at room temperature. Remove from pan and cut into squares with scissors. Wrap individually.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Colette's Caramel recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts