My family loved this slaw. It was easy and I will put this on my weekly list for summer. It would be and excellent dish to take for sharing at family/friend gatherings.
Cole Slaw With Jalapeño Mayonnaise
If you don't care for hot, spicy food, use the lower end of the range for jalapeños. To save time, buy the preshredded cabbage in the produce section of the grocery.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 39mg
- 4 cups finely sliced green cabbage
- 2/3 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture, and toss gently. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note