LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe! I cut out this recipe quite a while ago & just got around to making it. (Why did I wait so long? I was afraid the husband & kids would turn their noses up at it.). Well, the husband wasn't around to try it, but the kids loved it - cleaned their plates, had seconds & cleaned their plates again. One note...there's no way this salad serves 12. As a main dish, I'd say it serves 4, max.
Cold Soba Salad with Crisp Vegetables
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-in. matchsticks
- 1 chunk daikon (about 6 oz.), cut into 2-in. matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1. Cook soba as package directs. Drain, cool, and pat dry with towels.
- 2. Mix soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl.
- 3. Combine noodles and vegetables in a large serving bowl. Pour half the dressing over noodles, tossing well to coat. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving without extra dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note