Cold Soba Salad with Crisp Vegetables
The gentle, nutty flavor of soba noodles, which are made with buckwheat flour, complements the fresh crunch of vegetables in this cold side salad.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-in. matchsticks
- 1 chunk daikon (about 6 oz.), cut into 2-in. matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1. Cook soba as package directs. Drain, cool, and pat dry with towels.
- 2. Mix soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl.
- 3. Combine noodles and vegetables in a large serving bowl. Pour half the dressing over noodles, tossing well to coat. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving without extra dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes