We halved the amount of noodles and kept the amounts for the dressing the same as the recipe. We didnt use the bonito flakes, couldnt find a small bag, and our HFS wanted $8 for the package size that they stock.
Cold Soba Noodle Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 302
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1135mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound soba noodles (see notes)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered wasabi (see notes)
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup dried bonito flakes (optional; see notes)
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender to bite, 3 to 6 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse gently under cold running water until cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and wasabi. Pour about half the dressing into a small bowl and reserve. Add noodles to the large bowl; mix to coat. Cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- 3. Just before serving, add reserved dressing to noodles and mix to coat. Sprinkle salad with green onions and bonito flakes, if using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads