Simple and delicious! I sauteed the veggies until amost done and then added the sliced garlic. Used 13.5 oz. of whole wheat spaghetti and and mixed everything together in the pot. Served cold with Wasabi-Encrusted Tuna Steaks, sauteed haricots verts and Spicy Teriyaki Mushrooms.
Cold Sesame Noodles with Golden Garlic
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 529mg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add celery, bell pepper and carrots to skillet and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until tender yet firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold running water.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and sesame oil until blended. Add spaghetti to peanut butter mixture and toss until well coated. Stir in cooked vegetables. Sprinkle golden garlic and scallions over pasta just before serving.
This recipe also appeared in the February 2011 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables