I use raw broccoli, adding it to the boiling noodles for the last couple minutes to soften it slightly, and shaped pasta, such as bowties. I also mix all ingredients together at once, rather than mixing the sauce & noodles first.
Cold Sesame Noodles
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 1592mg
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. In a blender, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter and sugar; blend until smooth.
- 3. Drain pasta, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Toss with sauce in a large bowl, adding more water, 1 tsp. at a time, as necessary to moisten. Add chicken, broccoli, carrots and bell pepper and toss again. Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes