- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound rare roast beef or leftover steak, thinly sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 cups romaine or leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake jar vigorously. Place beef in a shallow dish; pour lemon mixture over beef. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
To serve, combine lettuce, cheese, green pepper, onion, and beef mixture in a large salad bowl; toss lightly.