- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 orange, peeled and thinly sliced
How to Make It
Combine peaches and lemon juice in container of an electric blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
Combine 1 cup water, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove mixture from heat, and stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups water, orange juice concentrate, and reserved pureed peach mixture. Cool to room temperature; cover and chill thoroughly.
Serve soup in chilled bowls; garnish each serving with orange slices.
Note: Cold Peach-Orange Soup may be served as an appetizer or dessert soup.