I loathe leaving bad reviews but I was really excited to make this and it was inedible! I'm glad that I tried it before tossing with pasta because I was able to at least grab a jar of pasta sauce and save dinner. Not for us.
Cold Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
Photo: Sang An
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 26.34mg
- Calories: 737.84
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Carbohydrate: 49.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Fat: 54.56g
- Fiber: 3.47g
- Iron: 3.08mg
- Protein: 16.25mg
- Saturated fat: 6.09g
- Sodium: 873.87mg
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or a dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (optional)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Meanwhile, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce or hot pepper sauce, sesame oil (if using), ginger, lime zest, and salt in a blender. With the motor running, slowly add the canola oil in a steady stream.
Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the dressing. Garnish, if desired, with the cilantro, scallions, and peanuts. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
Tip: If you're in the mood for salad rather than pasta, toss the Peanut Butter Dressing with shredded cabbage or lettuce, carrots, and cooked chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note