Cold Deviled Shrimp
This can also be used with a white meat fish steak like halibut. Buy a 2 lb fish steak, poach it for 10 minutes. Cut into bite sized pieces and put them in the marinade.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) raw shrimp
- 1 Lemon thinly sliced
- 1 Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Black olives sliced (med can)
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Wine vinegar
- 1 clove(s) Garlic crushed (I used 2)
- 1/2 Bay leaf broken up
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper (I might have used 1/2)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Shrimp are easiest to shell and devein when they are raw. Do this under cold running water. Bring a quart of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the cleaned shrimp and cook them a scant 3 minutes. Drain at once and put them in the bowl you intend to serve them in. Add the lemon and onion slices and the black olives. Toss together. in another bowl combine lemon juice, oil, vinegar, spices, herbs and mix together well. Stir this marinade into the shrimp mixture. Cover the dish and let it sit in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, giving it a stir once or twice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CGilbert and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note