- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (13 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large cucumbers, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Cucumber slices
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Add broth, potatoes, parsley, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Combine potato mixture and cucumber in container of an electric blender; process 3 to 4 minutes or until pureed. Chill at least 4 hours.
Stir in half-and-half before serving; garnish with cucumber slices.