- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 12 green leaf lettuce leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
- 4 lemon wedges
- calories 325
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 18.7 g
- carbohydrate 41.9 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 634 mg
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Shred chicken, and chill for 30 minutes.
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Coat a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. Spread rice in an even layer in pan; chill for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, juice, and oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken, rice, cranberries, and next 5 ingredients (through lettuce) to juice mixture in bowl, and toss gently. Divide the rice mixture evenly among 4 plates, and sprinkle with green onion tops. Serve with lemon wedges.