- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon
- 3 cups pitted, dark sweet cherries, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
How to Make It
Combine 3 cups water, sugar, and cinnamon in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cherries; cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove cinnamon; discard.
Combine flour and remaining water in a small mixing bowl, stirring to blend; gradually stir into cherry mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and pour into a large glass mixing bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
Before serving, stir in wine and whipping cream. Ladle soup into chilled bowls, and serve as a dessert.