- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen English peas
- 3/4 cup commercial sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, mashed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole chervil
- 3/4 pound chopped cooked roast beef
- 1 cup cooked cubed carrots Leaf lettuce
How to Make It
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside.
Cook peas according to package. Drain; set aside to cool.
Combine next 11 ingredients; mix well. Stir in gelatin mixture. Fold in peas, beef, and carrots. Spoon into an oiled 5-cup mold; chill until firm. Unmold on lettuce.