This was easy to prepare and quite tasty. Perfect for a bagged lunch on a hot summer day.
Cold Asian Noodle Salad with Ponzu Vinaigrette
You can use any type of Asian wheat or egg noodle, or substitute Italian-style linguine.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 795mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6-ounce) package chow mein stir-fry noodles (chuka soba)
- 1 cup haricots verts, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 6 tablespoons commercial ponzu sauce (such as Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from heat.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Combine noodles, haricots verts, mushrooms, onion, carrots, and shrimp in a large bowl. Combine ponzu and oil in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add oil mixture to noodle mixture; toss gently to coat noodles. Add sesame seeds, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes