Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 pound(s) potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 piece(s) bacon
- 1/2 head(s) cabbage chopped
- 1 onion, large chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter melted
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, reserve drippings, crumble and set aside. In the reserved drippings, sauté the cabbage and onion until soft and translucent. Putting a lid on the pan helps the
- vegetables cook faster.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, mash with milk and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the bacon, cabbage and onions and then transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the melted butter.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rhfcjs and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note