Irish mashed potato dish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Russet Potatos whole
- 1 whole(s) Savoy Cabbage Trimmed, pale-green leaves finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1 whole(s) Leek pale green & white parts only, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 4 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg Freshly grated
- 1) Preheat broiler, peal and quarter potatoes and place in a medium saucepan; add water and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and mash.
- 2) Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine cabbage, leek, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg; season with coarse salt. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage and leek is soft but not browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in potatoes.
- 3) Spread mixture in an 8 inch square baking dish. Make a small well in the center, and place under the broiler until lightly browned on top, about 5 minutes.
- 4) Remove from broiler. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in well. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HarliRose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note