Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Russet Potatos whole
- 1 whole(s) Savoy Cabbage Trimmed, pale-green leaves finely shredded (4 cups)
- 1 whole(s) Leek pale green & white parts only, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup(s) Milk
- 4 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg Freshly grated
- 1) Preheat broiler, peal and quarter potatoes and place in a medium saucepan; add water and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and mash.
- 2) Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine cabbage, leek, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg; season with coarse salt. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage and leek is soft but not browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in potatoes.
- 3) Spread mixture in an 8 inch square baking dish. Make a small well in the center, and place under the broiler until lightly browned on top, about 5 minutes.
- 4) Remove from broiler. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in well. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HarliRose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes