The brisket came out really good! The first time I made it, I used diet coke, don't do that. I finally made it with coke and it came out well. The tomato gravy with it is very good too.
Hands-off cooking is ideal for busy weekenights. Try Cola-Braised Brisket that's cooked in the slow-cooker. Enjoy any leftovers of this tender brisket by shredding the meat, and stirring it into the gravy. Serve brisket and gravy over cooked egg noodles.
More From Allyou
Total: 8 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Sodium: 1068mg
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 4-lb. beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cola
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1. Combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over brisket.
- 2. Warm oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook brisket until browned on all sides, turning with tongs, about 7 minutes total. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- 3. Arrange onions on top of brisket. Whisk together cola and tomatoes in a large bowl and pour over onions and brisket. Cover and cook on low until meat is fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- 4. Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Remove gravy from slow cooker. Slice meat against the grain and serve with gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note