Cola Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup reserved cola
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in reserved cola; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in ketchup and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used A1 Steak Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cola Barbecue Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments