- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup cognac
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 30 (1 1/2-ounce) sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- calories 198
- caloriesfromfat 23
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 10.6 g
- carbohydrate 26.3 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 385 mg
- calcium 71 mg
How to Make It
To prepare cream, combine first 4 ingredients. Cover and chill.
To prepare tenderloin, secure tenderloin at 1-inch intervals with twine. Combine tenderloin, shallots, and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Shake to coat tenderloin evenly with cognac mixture. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Remove tenderloin from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle tenderloin evenly with salt. Place tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut tenderloin crosswise into thin slices. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons cream on bottom half of each roll; top each roll with about 1 ounce beef and top half of roll.