- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz.) toffee bits, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make It
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside. On another sheet of parchment paper, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
BEAT butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large bowl, on medium speed with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Dissolve instant coffee in milk. Beat in coffee mixture, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
ADD flour mixture gradually to creamed mixture; beat on low speed just until blended. Reserve 3/4 cup toffee bits; stir remaining toffee bits into dough. Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2-inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Combine chocolate chunks, almonds and reserved toffee bits; set aside.
BAKE 4 minutes (cookies will still be wet on top.) Remove from oven; press cookie flat with the back of the measuring spoon. Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoon almond-toffee mixture onto each cookie. Using the back of the measuring spoon again, lightly press topping into dough to form a larger round cookie.
CONTINUING BAKING 8 to 9 minutes longer or until cookies are set. Do not over bake. Slide parchment with cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIPS:
- Toast almonds in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until browned.
- A #30 size scoop works perfectly for dropping cookie dough onto cookie sheets.