Coffee Toffee Bars
Cookie bars containing coffee, chocolate and pecans are topped with an almond glaze.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) instant coffee
- 1 cup(s) chocolate, semisweet morsels
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts (I use pecans) chopped
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. In large bowl, cream butter and gradually add brown sugar, creaming well. Blend in almond extract and instant coffee.
- Add dry ingredients gradually; blend thoroughly. Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts.
- Press dough into 15x10x1" jelly roll coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If desired, frost while warm. Cut into bars or squares.
- Almond Glaze: Combine 1 tbsp. soft butter, 3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar and 1/8 tsp. almond extract. Add 1-2 tbsp. milk or water until of spreading consistency.
- Note: I use 11/2 tbsp. of instant coffee. I think that amount gives the bars the best flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karenwolf5 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note