Coffee Toffee Bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) instant coffee
- 1 cup(s) chocolate, semisweet morsels
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts (I use pecans) chopped
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. In large bowl, cream butter and gradually add brown sugar, creaming well. Blend in almond extract and instant coffee.
- Add dry ingredients gradually; blend thoroughly. Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts.
- Press dough into 15x10x1" jelly roll coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If desired, frost while warm. Cut into bars or squares.
- Almond Glaze: Combine 1 tbsp. soft butter, 3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar and 1/8 tsp. almond extract. Add 1-2 tbsp. milk or water until of spreading consistency.
- Note: I use 11/2 tbsp. of instant coffee. I think that amount gives the bars the best flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karenwolf5 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note