Yum! Wonderful combination of flavors!
Coffee Sundaes with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel
Photo: Peden & Munk; Styling: Amy Wilson
The sweet and salty combo in this sundae is truly amazing. Serve it to special guests, or treat the family to a weeknight splurge.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 484
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 569mg
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- 2/3 cup store-bought good-quality caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup chunky old-fashioned peanut butter
- 1 pt. coffee ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon whole roasted coffee beans, crushed
- 1. Put caramel sauce and salt in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until sauce is warm but not boiling and salt dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter until incorporated.
- 2. Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each bowl. Top each with 1/4 cup caramel sauce, 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1 tbsp. peanuts, and a sprinkling of coffee beans.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Also featured in: Sunset, January 2012
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine