Coffee "S'mores" Pie
This sophisticated maship of the campfire classic uses Nutella to bind the graham cracker crust and coffee to deepen the chocolate flavor in the rich ganache filling.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 9 whole(s) graham crackers ground finely
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Nutella
- 1 ounce(s) Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate melted
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter melted
- COFFEE GANACHE
- 12 ounce(s) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate ( do not exceed 61% cacao), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) (1/4 STICK ) unsalted butter cut into 1/2 " cubes
- 1 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) coffee beans finely ground
- 2 whole(s) large egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cup sugar
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: One 9" metal or glass pie diesh ;kitchen torch (optional)
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST: Mix graham cracker crumbs and remaining ingrediens in a small bowl to blend. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie dish;chill until crust is firm,about 30 minutes.
- COFFEE GANCHE: Place chocolate and butteer in a large bowl. Bring cream,coffee, and 2 Tsp. water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into bowl with chocolate and butter; discard coffe grounds. Stire until melted and ganache is smooth. Pour into chille crust; smoothe top. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- MERINGUE: Using an electric mixer with clean, dry beater on medium speed, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until light and frothy. Add sugar in 4 additions, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Continue beating egg whites until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue over coffee ganache; swirl decoratively with a spatula or the back of a speen. Using a kitchen torch, if desired, toast meringue until golden brown in spots.
- DO AHEAD: Pie can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coffee "S'mores" Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts