Coffee’s Best Friend
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Coffee’s Best Friend, was created by Bridget McQuaige.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Tropical Foodâs PB&J MixÂ® separated
- Â¼ cup(s) Tropical Foodâs PB&J MixÂ®
- 12 muffin liners
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) cardamom
- 1 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 2. tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- Â¼ cup(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- Â½ cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- Â½ teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- Peel and chop sweet potato into one-inch cubes and toss with cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Melt butter in a pot and add in seasoned sweet potato cubes. Stir and add in cream and maple syrup. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Blend ¼ cup Tropical Food’s PB&J Mix® and 1 tbsp. white sugar in a blender, until it resembles fine crumbs. Separate the remaining PB&J Mix® by placing cranberries and peanut butter chips in one bowl and peanuts in a separate bowl. Roughly chop half the peanuts in the food processor and set aside. Process the other half until it forms a thick paste. Sift together flour, brown sugar, ¼ cup white sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add chopped peanuts, cranberries and peanut butter chips to dry ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add chopped banana and peanut paste to the tender sweet potatoes; mash or puree. Mix egg, milk and oil in a medium bowl, then whisk in sweet potato mixture. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Combine with a spoon until moistened, but do not over mix batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note