- 2 (1-pound) beef strip steaks, trimmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground MILLSTONE Kona Blend Coffee
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup brewed MILLSTONE Kona Blend Coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with salt, and let stand 10 minutes.
Combine ground coffee and cracked pepper; rub both sides of steaks with coffee mixture.
Cook steaks in hot oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over high heat 2 minutes or until well browned. Remove skillet from heat, and turn steaks.
Bake steaks in skillet, browned sides up, at 350° for 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from skillet, and keep warm.
Sauté onion in skillet 2 minutes or until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in bourbon, and let stand 30 seconds. Return skillet to heat, and cook, stirring often, until liquid almost evaporates. Add brewed coffee, and cook, stirring often, over medium heat, 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in butter until melted. Pour sauce over steaks; sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.