For gift giving, we poured this dark chocolate fudge into mini loafpans, then sliced each loaf and individually wrapped each rich, thick slice.
Yield: 1 1/3 pounds
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 4-quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until sugar dissolves and marshmallows melt. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft ball stage). Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate morsels until melted. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Spread fudge immediately into 2 aluminum foil-lined, buttered 5 3/4" x 3 1/2" mini loafpans. Cool completely. Remove fudge from pans. Slice fudge into 1/2" slabs.
- Note: Lining the loafpans with aluminum foil and buttering them makes it easy to remove uncut fudge from the pans in one piece to slice it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note