Coffee Mushroom Cream Sauce
Time: 25 minutes, plus 3 hours to steep. Steep coffee beans in cream to make the base for an absolutely delicious sauce to go with roast chicken and egg noodles.
Yield: Serves 4 (makes 2 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 538
- Calories from fat: 92%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 55g
- Saturated fat: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Cholesterol: 163mg
- 1 pt. whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coffee beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 pound button or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring cream and coffee beans to a simmer over high heat. Remove from heat and let sit 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until browned and softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour reserved cream through a strainer into pan with mushrooms; discard coffee beans. Simmer until cream is reduced slightly, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments